Hello there! I hope you all had a fab weekend. Did you watch the Super Bowl? What a game, eh? I always root for the underdog. It was great to see the Saints win. :)
I want to introduce my first annual Sweets Week. Since Valentine's Day is fast approaching (it'll be here Sunday), I wanted to share some super sweet ideas for the occasion. The sweet ideas are perfect for your sweetie (OK...I will stop with the gushing).
My first sweet idea is perfect for your honey's sweet tooth. I call them Surprise Kiss Cupcakes. The surprise is the Chocolate Hershey's Kiss that is in the center of the cupcake. I followed the directions for making Cherry Chip cupcakes. Then I placed the batter in paper-lined cupcake pans, filling them 2/3 full. Then we placed Hershey Kisses in the middle of the batter for each cupcake. Here's a tip - When placing the kisses in the batter, make sure the Kisses do not touch the bottom of the pan. If it does, the Kiss will stick to the paper when you try to peal the liner away from the cupcake. It is alright if some of the chocolate Kiss sticks out of the batter. The cupcake will rise over it as it bakes.
Then to make this treat extra special, create a cupcake holder to give as a gift.
Here's how you do it:
1) Cut a 5x5 piece of cardstock. Score the cardstock at 1 inch and 4 inches all the way around.Cut four of the scored edges to create a box. You can see where to cut in the picture below.
2) Then create the inside piece that will secure the cupcake in the gift basket. Cut a 3 3/4 x 3 3/4 piece of cardstock. I used my circle nesties to die cut a circle in the center. Make sure the cupcake fits in the circle. Then score 1/2 inch on each side of the cardstock square. Cut the scored edges to create a box.
This is how it will look when it is placed in the box.
3) Cut a 11 x 1/2 inch piece of cardstock for the decorative handle. Glue into place.
4) If you would like to create scallops, cut 3 x 1 inches of colored cardstock. Scallop with the scalloped edge punch (or and edge punch) and glue in place.
5) Decorate the outside the way you want. I added a little tag and taped it to a toothpick. I stuck it in the cupcake for more added interest.
Now you are ready to give this super sweet treat to your sweetheart!
Thanks for stopping by. See you soon!!
Paper: Vintage Cream (PTI), Red Cardstock from Prism Papers, Pretty In pink (SU!), Regal Rose (SU!); Designer Paper from Basic Grey Sugar Rush.
Stamps: Taylored Expressions
Ink: StazOn black
Accessories: Red Ribbon from my stash
Tools: Small heart punch, black marker for doodle